Friday, August 10, 2007

Long Haul in the Tunnel

Meagre, exhausted and soulless, a phantom crust,
Through a cold, wet and endless tunnel I trek.
In the glimmer that once in a while glimpses I trust;
The angel of light, far at the end, has me at her beck.

Day after night, night after day,
I repeat this simple, tedious and tiring creep.
Memories of the past have all fallen into decay;
Every inch of tunnel behind goes immediately asleep.

Night after day, day after night,
I repeat this simple, tedious and tiring crawl.
My hope of life is withering in this desperate fight;
Every inch of tunnel ahead is becoming a heavier haul.

Oh! My love, my life, my angel of light,
When I at last reach the tunnel’s ending part
And see the hope of fitting out my body with a heart,
Please don’t turn the sky to a starless night.

No comments: